BR1M or “Bantuan Rakyat 1 Malaysia” program is devised by Prime Minster Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak as part of Government effort to ease burden of lower income group in Malaysia.
When It All Began.
BR1M programme, is also know as “1 Malaysia People’s Aid” or “Bantuan Rakyat 1 Malaysia”, started on 2012 as part or Barisan Nasional Government effort to assist the low income earners in Malaysia.
BR1M is also part of Barisan Nasional Government ETP (Economic Transformation Program) to turn Malaysia into a high income nation.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak announced the implementation of BR1M program on Budget 2012 presentation. He said that the government will give a one time RM 500 BR1M assistance to eligible rakyat as part of Barisan Nasional government’s effort to reduce cost of living faced by the rakyat.
BR1M ONLINE APPLICATION.
BR1M 2018 has been issued to the public via the IRB (Institutional Review Board) statement, there are still some eligible persons who have not yet applied online.
For Existing Applicants.
All must do the update to review their information entered last year on the website.
Who Are Eligible?
This aid is opened to Malaysians, female or male who are leading the responsibility for a household. To be eligible for the “Bantuan Rakyat 1 Malaysia” aid , the household income of recipient must be lower than RM 4000.
The people who are eligible are:
- Senior citizens
- Single person ( divorced,bachelor, single parent) with dependencies
- Single parents ( father or mother)
- Married ( this includes married couple who are still living with father or mother)
Online Application Requirements.
– Identity Card Information for eligible persons
– Current and current address for qualified applicants
– Latest banking information (banking information)
To those who want to enter the identity card information of all dependents;
Follow these STEPS.
- Click “New Application” for the latest BRIM app
- Type the IC number for the candidate and click “Submit”
- MyKad names and numbers will be displayed without having to retype
- Applicant’s marital status
- Phone number
- Latest bank information and address
- BRIM insurance or “Death Benefit Scheme”
Established for family or single family applicants. These additions will enable the receiver to get a one-off fee of RM 1,000 in case of a disaster. Candidates need to fill in the information of the payee such as MyKad number, Name and Phone.
- Then, type the verification code.
- Candidates need to press “SEND” to continue.
- Confirm Information
The popup will show the applicant’s name and information. Click that you agree with all the information submitted.
- Print – Print Info for record proof.
For Further Reference.
For those with questions about the application process:
03-8882 4566 (Ministry of Finance) or nearest IRB office.
The Bank Approved for Application:
- Affin Bank Berhad
- Alliance Bank
- Agro Bank
- Al Rajhi Banking & Investment Corporation
- AmBank Berhad
- Bank Kerjasama Rakyat Malaysia Bhd
- Bank Islam Malaysia
- Bank Simpanan Nasional
- Bank Muamalat Malaysia Bhd
- Citibank Berhad
- Cimb Bank Berhad
- Eon Bank Berhad
- HSBC Bank Malaysia Bhd
- Hong Leong Bank
- Malayan Banking Berhad
- OCBC Al-Amin Bank Bhd / OCBC Bank
- RHB Bank Berhad
- Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Bhd
- United Overseas Bank (Malaysia) Berhad
- Public Bank Berhad / Public Islamic Bank Berhad